- Student Council is the heart of student involvement. The student council can lead the way to positive changes. Its activities and projects are a testing ground for ideas, which become part of the school. Good leaders are made, not born! Leadership training is one of the purposes of Student Council.
The aim and objectives of Student Council at Ashby Elementary School are as follows:
- To develop citizenship education and understand the overall democratic process.
- To identify problems and share solutions.
- To allow students to work together on a common problem.
- To help children develop leadership skills.
- To teach children respect for themselves and others.
- To promote a positive school climate and positive self-esteem.
- To encourage student involvement in their community.
Student Council is a wonderful way for your child to become involved in school activities and develop their leadership skills. If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Ms. C. by email @ firstname.lastname@example.org