NMRSD Chromebook Loan Program
North Middlesex Regional School District (“NMRSD”) students actively attending a North Middlesex Regional School District school with a district required remote component or a requirment to transport a mobile device between home and school daily have the option to be assigned a Chromebook and a charger for home use until they have withdrawn from the district, graduated, returned to full in-person instruction or the NMRSD has requested that the Chromebook be returned. The student is responsible for the device at all times. Students who already own a compatible device are not required to participate in this program but all rules regarding proper use in the classroom and compliance with the NMRSD policy regarding acceptable technology usage will still apply.
For the 2020-2021 school year, high school students are being asked to transport a mobile device with them between home and school. High school students may borrow a district Chromebook until their last day of the 2020-2021 school year or withdrawal, even if attending full in-person, in order to fullfill this requirement.
In order to participate in the Chromebook Loan Program:
- Students and Parents/Guardians must read and agree to the Chromebook Loan Parent and Student Agreement. The last page of this agreement must be signed and initialed as indicated then submitted at the time an assigned Chromebook is provided. A separate agreement is required for each student to whom a Chromebook will be loaned.
- Parent/Guardians must fill out the NMRSD Chromebook Loan Request form. The form will need to be filled out separately for each student.
- The NMRSD Technology Department will reach out to parents/guardians within one (1) week of submitting the NMRSD Chromebook Loan Request to provide a date/time when the assigned Chromebook may be picked up. All Chromebook pickups will be limited to district business hours.
- The signed and initialed Chromebook Loan Parent and Student Agreement must be provided at the time the assigned Chromebook is picked up or an alternative time will need to be arranged.
- The assigned Chromebook will be prepared and labeled with the name of the student it is being loaned to. A compatible charger will be provided along with the Chromebook. Once ready, you will be emailed with information to pick up the requested Chromebook(s).
Note: If the requested Chromebook(s) is not picked up for more than 2 weeks without confirmation that a pick up is pending, the Chromebook will be redistributed and a new NMRSD Chromebook Loan Request will be needed for each student to restart the process.
2020-2021 Specific Adjustments to the Agreement (Reference page 4 of the agreement):
- No deposits will be required for Chromebook loans for the 2020-2021 school year
- The requirement to transport loaned Chromebooks back and forth to school is suspended for all K-8 students for the 2020-2021 school year unless a specific separate request is made by a district representative. High school students will be expected to transport Chromebooks with them.
Chromebook Loan Program FAQ
If purchasing a Chromebook ourselves instead of borrowing from the district, what are the recommended specifications?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/22/2020
How do we request support if a Chromebook assigned to a student needs to be repaired?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/21/2020
Can a Chromebook be borrowed through the summer for district summer programs or makeup work?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/21/2020
How do we log into a Chromebook borrowed from NMRSD?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/21/2020
Is there a way for parents to receive updates regarding classwork associated with Google Classroom?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/21/2020