NMRSD Chromebook Loan Program
North Middlesex Regional School District (“NMRSD”) students actively attending a North Middlesex Regional School District school will have the option to be assigned a Chromebook laptop and a charger for home use beginning in the 2020-2021 school year. Students will be able to bring their designated Chromebook home with them throughout the school year until they have withdrawn from the district, graduated, or the NMRSD has requested that the Chromebook be returned. The student is responsible for the device at all times. Students who already own a compatible device will be allowed to opt-out of this program but all rules regarding proper use in the classroom and compliance with the NMRSD policy regarding acceptable technology usage will still apply.
In order to participate in the Chromebook Loan Program:
- Students and Parents/Guardians must read and agree to the Chromebook Loan Parent and Student Agreement. The last page of this agreement must be signed and initialed as indicated then submitted at the time an assigned Chromebook is provided. A separate agreement is required for each student to whom a Chromebook will be loaned.
- Parent/Guardians must fill out the NMRSD Chromebook Loan Request form. The form will need to be filled out separately for each student.
- The NMRSD Technology Department will reach out to parents/guardians within one (1) week of submitting the NMRSD Chromebook Loan Request to provide a date/time when the assigned Chromebook may be picked up. All Chromebook pickups will be limited to district business hours.
- The signed and initialed Chromebook Loan Parent and Student Agreement must be provided at the time the assigned Chromebook is picked up or an alternative time will need to be arranged.
- The assigned Chromebook will be prepared and labeled with the name of the student it is being loaned to. A compatible charger will be provided along with the Chromebook.
2020-2021 Specific Adjustments to the Agreement (Reference page 4 of the agreement):
- No deposits will be required for Chromebook loans for the 2020-2021 school year
- The requirement to transport loaned Chromebooks back and forth to school is suspended for the 2020-2021 school year unless a specific separate request is made by a district representative.
Chromebook Loan Program FAQ
If purchasing a Chromebook ourselves instead of borrowing from the district, what are the recommended specifications?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/22/2020
How do we request support if a Chromebook assigned to a student needs to be repaired?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/21/2020
Can a Chromebook be borrowed through the summer for district summer programs or makeup work?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/21/2020
How do we log into a Chromebook borrowed from NMRSD?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/21/2020
Is there a way for parents to receive updates regarding classwork associated with Google Classroom?Posted by Jeremy Hamond on 7/21/2020