The goal of North Middlesex Regional Schools is to strive for excellent attendance. There are times when your child may not be perfectly healthy, but is able to participate in normal school activities. We would encourage your child to attend on those days. If you feel it is questionable that your child will make it through a full day of school, please send a note in to the school nurse with numbers where you can be reached. The Nurses at North Middlesex Regional Schools have formulated the following guidelines for school attendance.
Please keep your child home from school if they display any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees or more, and until the child has had a normal temperature for 24 hours; without the use of Tylenol, Advil. or any fever reducing medications
- Vomiting or diarrhea during the 24 hours before their return to school
- Uncontrollable cough
- Abdominal pain lasting more than 2 hours
- Rash of unknown cause
- Signs of infection of the eyes, ears, nose, throat, skin or scalp. For example: conjunctivitis or pink eye, open sores in mouth, untreated strep throat, impetigo or open weeping wounds
- If on antibiotics for less than 24 hours for infectious conditions such as strep throat, conjunctivitis or impetigo
Please remember to call the absent line at your child’s school to report his/her illness. Please try to call the absent line early in the morning if your child will be out.