- Spaulding Memorial
- Principal Update
Welcome BackPosted by Kate Guziejka on 9/11/2020
Good Afternoon Spaulding Memorial Families!
As we are preparing for the start of schol, we have some important updates to share with you. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we have been finalizing plans.
- The school year begins for ALL students on Monday, September 14th. The doors open at 8:45 and dismissal begins at 12:30. Our Blue Cohort will be attending live on Mondays and Tuesdays, while our Red Cohort will attend remotely from home and should be logged on to their classroom at 9am. On Wednesday, ALL students will be attending school remotely from 9am-3pm. Our Red Cohort will be attending live on Thursdays and Fridays, while the Blue cohort will attend remotely from home and should be logged on at 9am. Attendance and participation is required and attendance will be taken throughout the day in all subject areas.
- If you indicated that your child(ren) will be staying for the extended day supervision, dismissal will be at 3pm. Anyone who signed up for this prior to Sept. 1st, was given a spot in the extended day. We currently have a wait list for the extended day, please call if you would like to be placed on the waitlist.
- We are excited to host our first Virtual Open House this Friday at 12pm. On Thursday you will receive a link from me to attend. You will also receive a google link for your child(ren)'s teacher. The Open House will start with myself and Mrs. Pratt sharing some information, you will then sign out of our meeting to join your classroom teacher's meeting. ** This meeting will be recorded for you to view at your own convenience if Friday doesn't work for your schedule or if you have multiple children in the school.
- In preparation for the Remote Learning for all students, please have your child practice logging into their Google account as everyone will be receiving a Google Classroom invite from their teacher. Each child's login is the year of graduation, last name, first firstname.lastname@example.org. (For example email@example.com). Kindergarten students will be getting their log in information at the Kindergarten Orientation on Thursday. **If you are having trouble logging into your child's account, please reach out.
- As indicated in a previous email, our Parent Drop Off/Pick Up will be changing locations - it will now be on the Turnpike Rd. side of the building. We ask that you proceed up 119, take a Right on to Eastman, then a Right on to Turnpike Rd, as you will be entering the Drop Off/Pick Up loop from the right. Please see the map attached below.
- Bus Drop Off/Pick Up will now be at the Main Entrance of the school on Whitcomb St. There will be many adults in both locations to support students in successfully navigating our new procedures.
- Since we are dismissing students at 12:30, we won't be having lunch/recess here at school. However, students do have the opportunity to order a "Grab and Go" lunch to take home with them. A Google Form will be shared in the upcoming days. Students staying for the extended day supervision will also have the opportunity to order a lunch and will get a recess.
- In our Virtual Open House, we will be explaining some new protocols put in place to keep our families/students safe and healthy. Some of these include signage indicating 6ft of social distancing in the hallway; arrows indicating one path of movement in the halls to minimize contact; and providing hand washing/water breaks during the day.
We all know this isn't how any of us anticipated the start to a new school year, but please know we are committed to making this year, a great year!