100 Mile Club
The 100 Mile Club® was founded by Kara Lubin in 1993. Kara was a teacher in California whose students struggled with learning and feeling successful. She recognized they felt uninspired and often times like a failure. Now The 100 Mile Club® is a non-profit organization that promotes an even playing field for everyone. It is about fitness and genuine personal success through setting a lofty goal and working toward it. The challenge is to run or walk 100 miles in one school year! It is a huge challenge, one that everyone can achieve. Accept the challenge and set a goal for yourself. You are not competing against each other…. just yourself.
Ms. Stanton is the advisor for this at-home activity and all NMS students, staff, and families are invited to join the 100 Mile Club for $12 dollars per person. Along the way, participants will earn the following incentives:
- 100 Mile Club® T-shirt (Earned at 25 miles)
- Golden Pencil (Earned at 50 miles)
- Wristband (Earned at 75 miles)
- Final Certificate for Medal Ceremony - available for all participants no matter the miles earned
- Gold Medal with neckband (ONLY for participants who reach their 100-mile goal).
Accept the challenge, set a goal, and GO FOR IT!